Thursday

PYP News 2012



Friday 12th Oct 2012 and Saturday 13th Oct 2012 witnessed a highly charged group of LPD and UPD teachers creating history at SIS. The kindergarten classroom was transformed into the activity centre for the first ever PYP workshop at SIS led by Christopher Boreham of the New International School of Thailand, Bangkok. 26 primary teachers were immersed in ‘Making PYP Happen’ “I feel motivated and more confident about practicing the PYP”, said Ms.Lauirce Rodrigues after two days of hectic interactions. Ms.Winnie Beauline admitted, “It has opened up avenues, I didn’t know existed in education and it has made me a better teacher because I now realize the importance of listening to my students and valuing their opinions.”The sentiment was palpable amongst all the participants looking at ‘inquiry’  as a basis for teaching. “I wish we had more time to absorb and practice our learning,” felt Ms.Sonia Kedia.This one I am sure is a precursor to many more such opportunities in the future.